INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Saturday, August 23, 2014

A miracle we all take for granted

I tried to think of some grand way to preface this post that would do justice to how I'm feeling but I'm drawing a blank. Instead, I will just show you a picture of the everyday, ordinary, but still extraordinary miracle that happened at our house this week.
First solid food, 8-22-14



This was how my last 2 babies felt about eating solid food:

Kaida:
video

And Raya:
video

Piper is completely and totally the opposite. She could not WAIT for me to put that spoon in her mouth! It was a momentous occasion for both of us. I waited until the kids were all at school so that it was nice and quiet with no distractions. One reason for that was that I wanted it to go well and start off on the right foot, and I knew having the other kids around would make it harder. The other reason was that I really wanted to have the experience of feeding her her first solid food to myself. I admit, that was a little selfish of me, but having been robbed of the joy that I now realize can be found in having a baby willingly and successfully eat baby food, I needed that. I also didn't want anybody else to see me cry over my baby eating food. :)



As is the case on most occasions, I took a lot of pictures. It might just be because it has been SO many years since I have fed a baby that didn't have any problems with eating, but I thought Piper did amazingly well. I expected it to be much more messy. I also realized that we own a grand total of 2 bibs. Either that or I have managed to misplace all of our bibs, which is also quite possible since it's been so long since we've needed them. Anyway, here are a few of the pictures I took:
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...