INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A few pictures from the last week

Things have been really busy the last week. I say that a lot, don't I. Really though, I felt like I didn't have 5 minutes to sit down and breathe last week. It was a good week though.

I made my first full grocery shopping trip with my new little buddy:


 The big kids helped out with the little one so I could get things done here and there. (like use the bathroom and wolf down a snack every now and then)

Raya's respite provider got food poisoning and canceled on a day that I really needed the help, so my very sweet friend Dana came over to snuggle Piper and entertain Raya so I could get things done.

Piper FINALLY decided that she can handle a few minutes in the swing every now and then, which is a HUGE help since she almost always cries unless she's being held, and she doesn't usually sleep unless she's being held.

She is also giving us some big, beautiful smiles once in a while now:

I finally filed our taxes. Whew. I submitted them on the 10th, which is officially the LATEST I've ever done them. Never waiting that long again!

On Friday, I'd had enough of the really disgusting poopy diapers I'd been changing (I'll spare the details but something is not right with that kid's digestion this week and we're talking near blowouts) and told Raya that if she went poop in the toilet instead of her diaper, I would buy her coconut milk ice cream. I left to run an errand and about 20 minutes later, I got a text from Donny that said, "Raya pooped in the toilet and she said she wants coconut ice cream" I stopped at the store on the way home and bought her 2 boxes of coconut milk fudgesicles that don't have any of her allergens in them. We made a really big deal about how great she did going poop in the toilet and she could not have been more excited to have her first ever ice cream bar!
They were pretty tasty! The best part (for me) is that they don't drip when they melt so aside from getting on whatever she touched with it, it was hardly messy at all.

Our weekend was really busy but also wonderful. I spent the whole day Saturday trying to get the house cleaned & ready for company on Sunday. We had Piper's baby blessing at church on Sunday and it was a great day. I have more to say about it but it will have to be in another blog post. After church, everyone came over for lunch and the kids had a great time playing with cousins and friends. Here are a few pictures from the day.
The star of the show but not happy about it!

"Mommy, take my picture!"

Our family :)



All of our family that was able to be there. (and yeah, that was the nicest shot of Raya out of the dozen that were taken)

Raya being silly with her cousin :)

It was a great day but between all the activities of the week and the excitement of Sunday, I was pretty worn out. I gave myself permission to shirk all of my normal Monday morning activities and just lay on the couch and snuggle my baby.
I'm really not a fan of selfies but if I don't take pictures of myself, there won't be any because nobody else ever takes any. :)


(this was just before she freaked out about laying on the paper)
Monday was Piper's 2 month birthday and I took her in for her 2 month well check that afternoon. Her well checks are a very different experience than what I'm used to. Her appointments are hard for me in a different way than Raya's have been but that's another subject for another day too. Suffice it to say that it is very hard to go back to normal mom mode once you've been in medical mom mode for 4 years. I'm still not used to hearing the doctor say that her growth rate looks great and she's at a healthy weight but it's nice to hear. At 2 months, Kaida weighed 8 lbs 2 ounces and Raya weighed 8 lbs 8 oz. Piper blew them both out of the water and weighed in at 10 lbs 10 oz. It sounds enormous compared to them but it's still just barely above the 25th percentile. I don't care, I'm good with that. There are still concerns about her feeding difficulties (mostly MY concerns, the ped isn't worried but he's also not the one feeding her) but she's growing so that's the important thing. I haven't said much about it but her reflux is getting pretty bad. It's worse than Ashtyn & Kaida's and almost as bad as Raya's but minus the projectile vomiting (knock on wood). Raya started her projectile vomiting around this age so hopefully Piper won't follow suit. Honestly, nobody worries about a baby with reflux or feeding difficulties unless they fall off the weight chart so I'm grateful that I've learned everything I've learned about reflux over the course of 3 other refluxy babies because I know enough to deal with it now rather than just take a doctor's word for it that as long as she's growing, we don't need to do anything. It's amazing how many people have that opinion.

She did great with her shots. I breathe a huge sigh of relief once the 2 month shots are on board. Babies die from those diseases and I am so thankful that I'm able to have the choice to vaccinate mine. 'Nuff said. She was a trooper. She cried harder from having to lay on the cold, crinkly paper on the exam table than she did from her shots. I was a little unsure of how she'd do with swallowing the oral vaccine because of some swallowing issues she has but she handled that one really well too. I'm glad the appointment is over with but probably not for the reasons people might expect, which I'll explain in another post on another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...