*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*


**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**

Monday, September 9, 2013

Rainy days

It's not often that I get a chance to call a post "rainy day" and even less often that I get to call one "rainy dayS" but we've had some rainy days this weekend! The sky was pretty cloudy when the kids got home from school on Friday and by 4:00, it was almost dark outside (and inside). It started to get windy so I went out to the back yard to pull up the shade on the porch so it wouldn't get ruined and that's when it started raining. It was probably still about 85 degrees outside so it felt great! So great that I decided the kids needed to go out and play in the rain for a while. When we do get rain storms, it usually dumps rain for about 5 minutes and then stops. This was the usual heavy dumping rain but it lasted a LOT longer than normal. They were in HEAVEN!

They ran around until they were soaked to the skin and covered with grass. They were SO happy! As excited as they get about rain, I can only imagine what they'd think of snow. Only 3 of them have ever even seen snow and none of them actually remember it. Arizona kid problems. :) For now, the rain will do!

And here are some from my real camera, which I do still occasionally use. :)

When they were all done and dinner was ready, I met them at the door with towels and then sent them to the showers before they ate dinner. They had worked up quite the appetite and kept going on and on about how delicious dinner was.

Saturday was a pretty nice day weather-wise too. It was overcast all morning and didn't get hot until the sun came out in the afternoon. The girls and I went to an adoption party for some of our little tubie buddies. It was a sweet experience and I'm so grateful for all of the amazing people we have met because of Raya and her tube.

Sunday morning we woke up to a steady drizzle of rain, which is not something we get very often. It was a gorgeous day and our poor dying lawn is loving all this rain. Sunday night I remembered that I hadn't written down all my prep notes for Raya's Monday morning GI appointment so I wrote down everything I could think of and then had a crappy night's sleep because she had a crappy night's sleep. She's been off lately. It's hard to put a finger on it but something just isn't quite right with her. You can tell by looking at her. (or at least I can, Donny can, and a couple of my friends can)

I was really looking forward to her GI appointment today because we have a lot of big things to talk about. Her appointment time was 8:30 and I got a call at 8:05 that they were canceling because the doctor was out. As understanding as I am trying to be, having an appointment that you have to spend a lot of time mentally prepping for, emotionally prepping for, and writing out detailed lists of everything you need to discuss is very frustrating. It's like studying for a big exam, psyching yourself up to take it, emotionally preparing just in case it doesn't go well, mentally prepping to be tough when you need to be, and then showing up and finding out that it's been rescheduled and you'll have to do all the prepping over again on another day. Someone else called me back a few minutes later to reschedule and fortunately was able to get us in on Wednesday afternoon. It will make for an interesting day since she has school from 8-11, a neuro appointment at 11:30, and then GI at 1:00. She's going to be crabby. We probably both will be. At least we're getting in to both of them this week though. We've been waiting since July to see neuro and we're happy that she's finally back. There are a few things to talk to her about too.

We woke up to another steady drizzle of rain today. It was definitely raining harder today than yesterday. After her appointment got canceled we had to get her ready to go to school (since we had planned on either being really late or not going at all) and headed out in the rain. We got pretty wet walking from the parking lot to the school but not nearly as wet as we got when I picked her up. It was raining a lot harder by then. Raya giggled and laughed all the way to the car because she thought the rain was so funny. I was carrying her pump bag on my shoulder and carrying her, and I put her school backpack over her head to keep her from getting quite as wet. She thought that was pretty funny too.

The afternoon turned out to be about as disappointing as the morning. I had lunch plans with a friend during Raya's respite hours but that got canceled because of the rain, and then I didn't have enough time left to go grocery shopping before Raya's respite provider had to leave and hadn't gotten my other errands ready to run since I had planned on doing other things this afternoon so I've accomplished nothing today. Now the beautiful overcast, rainy skies have cleared and it's bright & sunny again, which I know sounds like a good thing but I was really enjoying the cooler weather. Hopefully the rest of the week will go better and the appointments will all go as scheduled and be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...