INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My blue-eyed ball of spunk

There really is no other way to describe this girl. She is just plain old spunk in the form of a 32-ish pound, red haired, blue eyed little girl. See what I mean?
(I know this looks like a sad puppy dog face but it's actually an angry face because I said no to something)

(this is probably an "I'm thinking about doing it anyway even though you said no" face)
The bargaining stage

And finally, playing the "I'm cute and you can't resist me" card

Oh, I just want to squeeze her! Actually, I've done that several times already today in between bouts of her being mad at me for various reasons.


We have had this exact conversation more than once today:
Raya: Is Courtney coming today? (respite provider)
Me: No, she's not coming today.
Raya: What day is it?
Me: Tuesday.
Raya: So Courtney doesn't come on Tuesday?

Me: No, just Monday & Wednesday.
Raya: *sigh* Well, that's not fun. Who's going to play with me today?
Me: I guess it's just Mommy playing with you today.
Raya: *bigger sigh* Well that's not fun either.

In spite of her disappointment at being stuck with boring old Mommy, we've had a pretty good day. We took advantage of the very nice, cool weather this morning (75 degrees felt AMAZING) and tore all the dead stuff out of the wet, muddy garden so we can start planting our fall garden. I had never heard those two words used in the same sentence until I moved to this state, where there are really only 2 seasons (summer and not summer), but we really can plant something just about every month out of the year. I was surprised to find that some of the pepper plants are still alive, along with the eggplant. Everything else was dead as a doornail and easy to pull out, especially after all the rain we've gotten the past few days. Hopefully we'll be able to do some planting this week. Raya was a pretty good helper and especially enjoyed telling me what to do and wearing grown-up gloves and using the little shovel.

You can't really tell in the picture but she was giving me instructions. She is the self-appointed foreman to most projects these days. Including doing her hair. This morning she requested 2 ponytails. I put one on the left side of her head and then she insisted that the other one had to be on the back, so she had one on the side and one on the back. Then and only then was she satisfied and ready to get to work. Such a silly girl! As frustrating as it can be at times, I love seeing her little personality come out and I love that she knows what she wants and is assertive about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...