INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My funny girl

Oh, this girl makes me laugh. I am really really loving that she only has school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Initially I was disappointed when I heard they were changing the preschool program and making it 3 days a week instead of 4, but I think I'm really going to like it how it is now, and I think Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be my favorite days of the week. Those are the days when we don't have anywhere to go unless we want to, and we're home alone together all day long. I was a little nervous about that idea at first because she has always had at least one of the other kids here to entertain her, but she's been doing great so far. She's realizing that when they're not here, she can play with whatever she wants to, sing as loud as she wants without anybody telling her to be quiet, and (when I let her) watch whatever she wants to. Or eat tortilla chips for breakfast in a t-shirt and diaper on the floor by the front door.

This afternoon Raya walked up to me saying something about a project she was doing. When I looked down, she was holding up an extension tube that looked like it had formula in it. It took me a second to figure out what she had done, but she had connected one extension tube to the med port of the one that was connected to her button, and then she had unclamped both of them. And she was so proud of herself too! :)


At that point, she had clamped the second extension tube. She said, "Mommy, should I unclamp it?" Noooooo!! Please don't! :)

Oh, so it turns out I was not off base when I blamed preschool for Raya getting sick. To recap, she woke up with a slightly runny nose on Monday and has been acting kind of off for a few days. She spent most of the afternoon yesterday like this:

Yesterday, she also had a little of this going on:

I thought that maybe she was reacting to either egg or coconut, and that she had caught a cold or was having allergies or something. This morning when I dropped her off at school, I noticed that it looked like she had a little bit of a rash on the back of her neck. She always kind of has some little scratches there because she scratches at the tags on her shirts, so I thought maybe it was just that. Then I got a phone call from the school nurse saying that there was an outbreak of fifths disease in the class she was in all week last week. As soon as she said it everything made sense and I told her that explained a lot. She apologized and I told her not to feel bad because it's not like anybody could have done anything about it. With fifths disease, by the time the rash shows up they're not contagious anymore.

Oddly, I was relieved to find out that it was definitely a virus she picked up at school because that means it probably wasn't a reaction to the food. I started her on medicine for the gastric pain & bleeding and she seems to be feeling better. She's been running around and doing a lot of very loud singing & talking all day today and she ate about a cup of applesauce this afternoon (which will probably come back to haunt us tomorrow), so her appetite seems to be back. I'm sure this is just the first of many preschool germs she'll be picking up this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...