INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Tuesday, August 6, 2013

And on the second day of school...

The second day of school was just plain lovely. Except for the part where I woke up with the same headache I went to sleep with last night. And the part where a certain boy who has been banned from leaving his room until 6:30am was in my room bugging me about what he should pack in his lunch at 6:20am, at which time i do not have the capacity to care what anyone eats for lunch. It rained for a good part of the day, starting at who knows what hour of the early morning, and it was only about 75 degrees outside when the kiddos got on the bus. They are such Arizona kids. When they looked outside & saw that it was raining, they immediately assumed that it was cold and insisted on wearing jackets. I laughed at them.

Raya doesn't go to school on Tuesday & Thursday so we went over to a friend's house for a little while so I could help her with a little blog project, and then we came home and had lunch. Even by midday, it was still BEAUTIFUL outside so we opened the front door and let some fresh air in through the screen door. It was muggy as heck but it was wonderful. Raya sat by the screen door for a long time playing quietly. Yes, those are dangerous words. I couldn't see what she was doing other than the fact that she was playing with shoes. I figured that was pretty harmless until I saw what she had done to Kaida's tennis shoes.
Such a stinker!! No tennis shoe was left untouched and goodness knows how long it will take me to fix them all. But at least she was happy and that had to have been some good fine motor work, right?

It was lovely having a day with just the two of us. When I thought about it, I realized that pretty much all of the one-on-one time I've ever had with Raya has either been in the evening when she's crabby and using mischief to keep herself from falling asleep, or else it's been at medical appointments. I think it goes without saying that we are due for some quality one-on-one time that doesn't include either of those things. We had a very laid back but good day. I was really tired because I was up late with a yucky headache, so I laid down to rest for a while. She got quiet again and thankfully this time she had just fallen asleep on the floor instead of doing something naughty. I was completely shocked that she was asleep on the floor. She NEVER falls asleep during the day anymore, and on the rare occasion that it happens, it only happens in the car.

There is just something adorable about a little girl sleeping with her backpack on. ♥

2 comments:

  1. Aww, snuggling a blankie too. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. Lately I've been napping during the day and I'll wake up to find Hannah asleep either next to me on the bed or on the floor or something. She never naps either, but I guess she just gets bored while I'm asleep!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...