INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Sunday, March 31, 2013

A beautiful Easter Sunday

Today has been a beautiful day. Since it was Easter, we wanted Raya's respite provider to be able to have the day off and we wanted Raya to be with us. This morning she asked me if she was staying home and I told her she'd be coming to church with us. I've never seen a 3 year old get so excited about going to church! We got her dressed and ready to go and even managed to track down a pair of Sunday shoes that were pretty much the right size. I had to sigh a little because the skirt she wore today was the one Kaida wore in our family pictures when Raya was a baby. They're all growing up too fast. Anyway, we got in the car and as we were backing out of the garage, Kaida put on her cheesy old lady voice and said, ” *sigh* It's so nice to have the family all together!” Donny and I laughed because of the way the 5 year old said it, but I was thinking the same thing. Especially when I looked back and saw this sweet face: She did great for the first hour. (we go to church for 3 hours) She flipped through the hymn book for a while and thoroughly enjoyed it. Funny girl. We let her take the water from the sacrament which turned out to be a bad idea because she choked on it. It was one tiny sip of water and must have gone straight into her lungs. After she recovered from that little incident, she colored for a while.

Then she danced to the choir's Easter performance:

She sat on my lap for the last couple minutes and then said, ”Is it over now?” Donny and I laughed. Nope, 2 more hours, sister! She came class with us and did well aside from me having to say shhhhhh about a hundred times. She played with the little toys she had brought and sang songs she was making up about the ninja guy and Candyland guy. When Sunday school was over, she asked if it was time to go home. Nope, one more hour! That was the point when her 17+ hours of being awake yesterday and 6-ish hours of interrupted sleep last night caught up to her. She was DONE. I thought we could tough it out but she's heavy (especially when she's mad & wiggling) and my arms were tired so I decided to put her in the stroller and walk home instead. I asked her if she wanted to stay at church or take a ride in the stroller and as soon as I said the word, she was ready to go.

The weather was beautiful so I didn't mind leaving early to take a long walk. She was in her ” happy place” in the stroller with her blanket, I had Sunday music playing on my phone, and there was a nice breeze. I think it only took her about 5 minutes to fall asleep.

The walk home took about 20 minutes and I had hoped she would stay asleep once we got home but she didn't. That's what I get for thinking I could take her out of the stroller. She threw a bit of a fit when we came in but thankfully it didn't last too long. Or I guess I should say she took a break until I was cooking dinner. She had a 20 minute fit about wanting a Dum Dum for dinner, which was fine except I could not find any. I finally found one in the console of my car and then she threw a whole new got because she wanted blue, not green. Eventually I found something else she was okay with and we called a truce. For dessert, the rest of us had strawberry-blueberry shortcake so I made Raya ” special Easter pudding” so she could have dessert too. It was vanilla Neocate thickened with Simply Thick and dyed blue. She loved it. :) This was after our long walk home, hence the red cheeks and dazed & confused look on Raya's face:


I sure do love my sweet kids! (even if the only way I could get a picture with all the kids looking in the general direction of the camera was to put it on the TV stand while Super Why was on)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...