INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Monday, February 18, 2013

Raya's new video

I had planned on making a new video for Raya for Feeding Tube Awareness Week this year but because I was so busy working on the official video for the Feeding Tube Awareness Foundation, I didn't have time to get it done in time to post it on the first day of FTA Week. Or the second, third, fourth, fifth, or sixth day. I did finally finish it on Sunday and posted it on facebook but I haven't shared it here yet.

As I started thinking about what direction I wanted to go with the video, I decided that I needed something more upbeat and peppy this time. I need something that I can watch when I start to get stressed out because of the pressure I feel from outside sources in regards to Raya. Every parent feels pressured to make sure that their kid measures up to everybody else's. Being the mother of young children often feels like a competition. Whose kid learns the ABCs first, whose kid is potty trained first, whose kid can read before kindergarten, whose kid can start kindergarten at the youngest age, whose kid goes to the best preschool, and so on. When your child has special needs, the pressure to just be "normal" gets overwhelming. We have long since passed the "normal" time frame for things other kids Raya's age have been doing for quite a while. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with it, but sometimes I feel like other people aren't and I don't want Raya to ever feel like she's "lesser-than" just because of her medical issues and their repercussions. If you are the parent of small children, whether they have special needs or not, don't buy into that crap. Your child does not need to measure up to anyone's standards but his or her own!

Anyway, I chose two songs that I feel are good representations of how I feel about Raya, and how I want Raya to feel about herself. She is exactly the way that God wanted her to be when He put her on this earth, and we are embracing life the best that we can and not letting her difficulties stand in the way.

Here's this year's video:

Raya FTAW 2013 from Brandis G on Vimeo.




No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...