INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Saturday, February 2, 2013

Raya funnies

We had a rough evening. Rough week, really. It could get pretty depressing if we sat around & thought about the crappy stuff all the time. Instead, I prefer to try and find things to laugh about. Fortunately Raya provides good material fairly often. Case in point: recent trip to Target. Raya was in the cart chattering away and suddenly stopped chattering. She wrinkled her nose and sniffed the air, and then said, "I smell sumpeen." To which I replied, "You smell something? What does it smell like?" She wrinkled her nose and sniffed again and then exclaimed, "Pants!" I must have looked confused when I repeated back, "Pants? You think it smells like pants?" because she then clarified for me, "Yellow pants!" And then she laughed, and laughed, and laughed because she made Mommy laugh so she KNEW she must have said something funny.

Not 10 seconds later, she flung her arm to one side of the cart to point at something and yelled, "Look, Mommy! It's two helmets!" Again, Mommy must have looked confused because she followed that up by saying, "See! There's purple helmets and green helmets!" I couldn't see what it was that she was so excitedly pointing at so I pushed the cart forward until I caught a glimpse of the "helmets."
Sweetums, those aren't helmets but thanks for making Mommy laugh.

On the way home from the store, she fell asleep in the car. At 5:30 pm. I expected her to wake up when I got her out of the car but she didn't. She had a nice nap on the couch before finally waking up an hour or two later. At bedtime. Bless her little heart, she was NOT tired anymore and there was no way I could even attempt to put her in bed as bright eyed & bushy tailed as she was. I had a project I needed to work on so I let her lay on the couch and watch her current favorite show, Phineas and "Berb". A little while later, I heard the unmistakable clanking of the IV pole coming in my direction. I turned around and saw her doing her very best to sneak up on me.

Sorry hun, I can hear you coming from a mile away with that noisy thing. (and yes, my office is a disaster area. I've been busy.)

With all the crappy stuff, I sure am thankful for the things I can laugh about.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... I just read that to my husband and he laughed. That is so funny. Thanks for making me laugh Raya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really funny!! She sounds like a delightful child!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...