INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Saturday, February 9, 2013

Exciting stuff happening...

I have been MIA this week for 2 reasons. 3 reasons. #1: I'm done with classes for the time being and have been trying to dig myself out of 4 months of minimal housekeeping. Eek. #2: My kids have missed me. The little girls and I have been playing games like Trouble (the Smurf version) and Go Fish, going to the grocery store (which Raya hated),
She was being an angry kitty. Who wants to go grocery shopping when they can't eat?
dancing to my '90s boy band station on Pandora, and I gave Kaida snapping lessons the other day (as in snapping fingers) and she was very excited about that. Kaida and I have been "snuddling" in the mornings after we take the big kids & Raya to school, and I actually cooked dinner a couple times this week too. It was fabulous. I love school, but I love breaks too. :) Reason #3: FEEDING TUBE AWARENESS WEEK!! In all caps! Because I'm so excited about it! It just so happens that FTA Week coincides with the A.S.P.E.N. Foundation's Clinical Nutrition Week convention and the regional Oley Foundation conference in Phoenix, all of which I'm also very excited about. There will be much more about that later in the week. Today, I finally got to meet my friend & colleague, Traci Nagy, in person. Traci is the founder of the Feeding Tube Awareness Foundation. She will probably never fully comprehend the impact that her efforts in starting this amazing organization have had and will continue to have on people all over the world who are dealing with tube feeding. For the last year, I have had the privilege of working with the most wonderful group of women on the FTA staff and I can't even begin to describe how fulfilling this has been for me. We are passionate about what we are doing because we understand it and live it every day. I could go on and on. I probably will later on in the week.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I did actually have a point. Traci and I met up at the convention center in Phoenix today to set up our portion of the booth in the exhibition hall that we will be sharing with the wonderful people from the Oley Foundation. Our booth is located in the corner directly across from the women's restroom, so it will probably be heavily trafficked. (ha ha) We had the privilege of taking part in discussion groups at the Oley conference this afternoon, which was both interesting and informative. One thing that can be very frustrating as a parent of a tube fed child is the lack of understanding between entities. The discussion groups consisted of medical professionals, enteral/parenteral nutrition provider representatives, parents, TPN patients, and others, and it was a great opportunity for all of us to gain insight into each other's perspectives on managing enteral and parenteral feeding. I'm very excited to spend the next couple of days at CNW!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...