INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Monday, October 22, 2012

Next stop: wit's end

I love my kids but I was totally ready for bedtime tonight. As fussy/crabby/whiny/difficult of a day as Raya had yesterday, it was just as bad today only we had to be out in more public places today. She ate a buckwheat/tapioca pancake around 8:30 this morning. Or most of a pancake, anyway. Then she watched Backyardigans and went to bed for a nap that didn't actually happen. She was tired enough that she climbed into the crib but couldn't go to sleep. 90 minutes later I changed her poopy diaper, opened all the windows to air the place out from said poopy diaper, and we left to go test out a few strollers at Babies R Us. I need her to have a stroller very badly and the dinky 8 year old umbrella stroller we're using right now isn't cutting it. After that we headed to our last OT appointment with Miss Jen. We will miss her but hopefully we'll cross paths with her again at her new job.

After therapy, we went grocery shopping. It was pretty much a nightmare. I don't know what I was thinking taking those two to the grocery store at 1:30 in the afternoon (other than consolidating trips to save gas $$). Raya spent a good part of the shopping trip screaming, yelling at me, standing up in the baby seat (she's houdini & can get out of a buckled grocery cart like nobody's business) and really just making her presence known to all of the elderly people that were spending a leisurely afternoon at the store. By the time we checked out, she was in a full blown screaming fit. It was fun. I love walking through public venues with everyone staring at me and my screaming child and trying to pretend I don't notice their judgemental looks.

Sweet reprieve came when both girls fell asleep on the way home. Kaida woke up when I got her out of the car but Raya stirred a little and then went back to sleep when I put her on the couch. I connected the pump & gave her the next feed and she slept for about 2 hours. When she woke up, she must have been a little dazed & confused because she was screaming and babbling nonsense while waving her hand at nothing. She sat on my lap for a few minutes but then had a 20 minute rolling-on-the-floor screaming fit because I wouldn't let her watch Backyardigans again. She did that off & on for about an hour and then I decided to vent her stomach to see if she had much of the previous feed left. There was a little formula but it was watery, which means it was being broken down by her stomach acid. It was mixed with other saliva-ish junk and some unidentified dark colored flecks. Upon further investigation, it turned out to be little pieces of buckwheat pancake. I'm no expert here, but I'm pretty sure that it's not okay for food to sit in a stomach for 10 hours. There wasn't much of it but there probably shouldn't have been any. I drained about 20 ml of liquid out of her stomach and no sooner had I done that than Happy Raya reappeared. She ran around in circles in the living room for about 10 minutes and was just as happy and pleasant as could be for the rest of the evening. I don't know what is going on with her digestive system right now but I don't like it. She's been really difficult to handle all day long lately and it's exhausting. Whatever is going on with her, I hope it goes away soon. Mommy has homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...