INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Since the weather in Arizona on the 4th of July is usually somewhere in the 105°-110° range, we never really plan to go anywhere. We sometimes go swimming, stay inside and eat burgers, and watch fireworks on TV unless there happen to be any that we can see from our house. This year, however, we were shocked beyond all belief to wake up to completely overcast skies, rain, and temperatures that never went above the low 80s. Completely unheard of. The humidity is off the charts but it has felt amazing all day. In celebration of the fabulous weather, we shut off the air conditioning and opened all of the windows (the ones that have screens on them...).
I made a festive little brunch of red strawberry pancakes and blue blueberry pancakes, buttermilk syrup, and fresh berries. It was delicious if I don't say so myself. Raya ate one small strawberry and a nibble of another and then had a small strawberry pancake. It took her about 30 minutes to eat the strawberry and another 30 for the pancake but she seemed to enjoy herself.


After we ate, I put her in bed and connected her to the feeding pump. I heard her coughing a could times but she took a good nap so I left her alone. When I went in later to get her up, I could smell formula and thought that was strange because I knew I hadn't spilled any and there was no med port on her extension. Then I noticed white streaks down the front of her shirt and said, "Raya, did you puke?" She said, "yeah, I pyoo-h" Then she stood up and I saw the mostly dried puddle. I don't even remember the last time she threw up in her bed. I think she was glad it was just formula and not sour cream this time. I sure was. She had a couple more coughing fits that ended in gagging but luckily she didn't throw up those times. She hasn't had a runny nose at all today, just a little bit of a scratchy voice and the occasional coughing fits.

She helped make dinner tonight. Ashtyn shucked the corn for me and Raya brought it in the house. She walked in and said, Mommy, hee-ya fohn!" Translation: Mommy, here's your corn!

She insisted on having an ear of corn like everybody else but wouldn't let it near her mouth. She's been sweating like crazy today for some reason so after dinner she had a shower and got ready for bed, and let out a nice big burp. She felt great after that and went to bed without any argument. :) Thanks to a friend, I was able to get some Farrell valve bags today. They allow for continuous venting during feeds so any air in the stomach can get out while the food is going in. Since she's not bloated at all tonight I'm not going to use one tonight but I'm glad we have some now in case she does need them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...