INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Puke

All good things must come to an end. It's been a little over a year since Raya's last unprovoked vomit. It was a lovely run but it ended yesterday with this:


We had a really good session at OT yesterday. Twice a week in-clinic OT has been one of the best things that's ever happened to this sweet girl. It's absolutely amazing to watch her at therapy now. Some of the things she's doing with a smile on her face are things that terrified her just a few months ago. The girls' favorite thing yesterday was the inflatable jumpy thing that Miss M. turned into a tunnel:


They had a blast! It's also interesting to me to see the difference in Raya's level of interest and participation when Kaida is there compared to when she's not. She's a little more willing to do certain things when Kaida's doing them. Yet another reason why I think Raya needs to qualify for early invention preschool...

After OT we came home and flung all the dirty dishes from the table into the sink so there was room at the table for feeding therapy. It was one of those humbling sessions where I get to examine my parenting techniques under a microscope and analyze what I'm doing that worked for the other 3 kids that doesn't work for Raya. It was fun. Sarcasm aside, Raya's therapist is nice about it, it's just humbling.

While she was...not eating, she got a 240 ml bolus feed from the feeding pump which ended halfway through her session. After her therapist left, I was sitting on the couch working on Donny's laptop and Raya came and climbed up on my lap. She laid her head down on my chest for a second and then sat up and spewed formula all down the front of both of us. I don't know who wa more shocked, me or Raya. Then a couple seconds later she REALLY erupted. When the whole 8 ounces of formula had left her stomach, we looked at each other and simultaneously cracked up. We were a MESS but oddly enough, it was just what I needed to make me laugh on an otherwise stressful day. To make it even worse, I couldn't get in the shower right away because a friend was coming over to drop some things off to me, so we did what anybody in this day and age would do: take cell phone pictures and upload them to facebook! :)



The whole thing was totally gross but she and I got a good laugh out of it. I was also concerned though. Raya doesn't just puke for no reason anymore, but this was completely unprovoked. She vomited two more times later in the evening for no reason too. The first time she was standing in the living room and it just shot out of her mouth with no warning again. It had been 4-5 hours since her last feed but she threw up a pretty large amount of formula. Then about 20 minutes later she threw up the soooooo s of water she had taken while she was sitting on my lap at the kitchen table. I ran a slow drip of pedialyte into her all night and then slowly added in formula today. I fed her a lot slower than usual just to make sure she didn't throw up again. She's been a little more clingy and subdued than usual today but there are no signs of illness so I don't think it was viral. Hopefully it was just a fluke, but at the same time can't help but wonder what's going on in that little body. It just serves as a reminder that things can change in the blink of an eye and that we need to keep being grateful for the good days we've been enjoying.

1 comment:

  1. NO PUKE!!!! AHHHH. So sad to hear that this evil beast reared his ugly head again!! Missing that sweet girl. I cannot believe how big she looks in the pictures!! LOVE THEM! Hi to the girls!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...