INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ennnnnnnn-Terrrrr-Aaaaallll

Normally phone calls with the home health company's billing department aren't anything to laugh about. Really. I can't tell you how many hours of my life in the past 2+ years have been spent on the phone with them trying to straighten out messes between them and insurance. Anyway, occasionally the person I'm talking to will say something that makes the conversation a little lighter for me whether they realize it or not. Yesterday I called to clear up an incorrect bill and a lovely woman answered the phone. (oh, but first I called and the guy that answered the phone hung up on me)
So we went through the discussion about the bill and she fixed the problem (hopefully) and then said she needed to ask me a couple of questions before we hung up. Now I've forgotten the first couple she asked, probably because the third one made me laugh and I forgot. :) I should preface this by saying that I wasn't laughing AT her, I was just laughing at what she said because it's a common mispronunciation. And also that I might possibly be the only person who thinks it's funny.
She said, "Now I see that Raya still has an eternal feeding pump. How's that working out for her?" What she MEANT to say was EN-TER-AL, not E-TER-NAL. Enteral means: "directly into the gastrointestinal tract; pertains to tube feedings that may be necessary when a patient cannot ingest food orally". Eternal means FOREVER. (see, it's funny! :)
So being that I am who I am, when the nice lady asked how our eternal feeding pump was working out for us, I had to bite my tongue and restrain myself from popping out with any snarky responses because, after all, it was just a simple mispronunciation. But good gracious I can only HOPE that this won't be an ETERNAL feeding pump! :)

I've been working here & there since Friday on editing what is quite possibly my favorite photo session I've ever done. I'll be doing a post about it when I'm finished with the pictures (and you'll need kleenex nearby when you read it) but here's a couple of outtakes. After 4 months of trying to fit the schedules of 3 very overscheduled toddlers together, we were finally able to meet up with Raya's little tubie BFFs, Whitney & Lily. Raya referred to them collectively as "Wet Willy" and then moved on to "Willy" and "Whit-na-nee". The girls were adorable and had so much fun together and I can't wait to share all the pictures! All I have to say is thank goodness for digital because I took about 200 pictures and at least half of them look like this:

1 comment:

  1. Eternal feeding pump! haha! totally cracked me up too! Those pics are so fun!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...