INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Thursday, February 23, 2012

You know you're a special needs mom if...

I was driving to the post office today and while stopped at a red light, I felt my car start to vibrate. As the brown Oldsmobile with fancy chrome rims bounced up next to me, the vibrating turned into full-on brain rattling thumping bass. I felt like I was sitting in a massage chair. I looked over at the car and it was then that I caught myself thinking, "Wow, that kid must be craving some really strong sensory input! I wonder if he's been evaluated for sensory processing disorder." Then I started laughing out loud at myself. I don't know what was funnier, the fact that I actually thought it or the fact that I now sincerely wonder if the people who like to ride in cars with the bass cranked way up like that might actually have sensory issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...