*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*


**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**

Monday, February 20, 2012

No more allergist for now

Raya had her 6 month follow-up with the allergist scheduled for 8:15 this morning. Obviously when I scheduled that appointment, I didn't realize it was Presidents Day and the kids would be off of school today or I'd have taken a later time slot. Notice how I said we had it SCHEDULED for 8:15 this morning. See, I even have the appointment card:
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
We got there and checked in and a couple minutes later the girl called me up to the desk and said, "Uh, are you here for shots or a visit?" at which point I knew what was coming. I said, "We're here for a follow-up appointment. Why, do you not have it in the computer?" Of COURSE it's not in the computer. She said they could probably double-book us and asked if I wanted them to try and squeeze us in anyway so I said that was fine. Since it's Raya's first visit of the new year at their office I gave the girl the new insurance cards. Then she started checking to make sure they had our insurance info correct and realized that Raya's secondary insurance requires them to get prior authorization before an appointment. Since they had screwed up and not actually put her in the computer 6 months ago when I scheduled the appointment, that hadn't been done so they couldn't see her today anyway.
She asked me if I wanted to reschedule for another day and I politely told her not to bother with it since Raya's not having any allergy problems anyway. I told her that I'd call in the future to schedule if there was a problem. I was actually rather proud of myself for not being snippy and rude since that's how I felt. They wasted my time and if I had been the one that didn't have the appointment in my calendar, they would have charged me a $25 no-show fee. I might not have been quite so irritated except that Cole had an appointment scheduled for 10:30 about a mile away from the allergist's office and I didn't want to waste the gas driving all the way home just to turn around and drive back. I asked if his doctor's appointment could be moved up but of course at a pediatrician's office on a Monday morning they're insanely busy so we just had to sit and wait. For 2 1/2 hours. Super fun with a hyperactive and extremely moody 2 year old.
Usually when we go to the pediatrician's office I don't let Raya out of the stroller. I'm not naive enough to think that A. people actually use the sick waiting room when they bring sick kids there, and B. that anybody actually CLEANS the place, so just being there with Raya grosses me out. Since I had driven Donny's car, I didn't HAVE the stroller so she was just running free the whole time. She kept going in and touching things in the sick kid waiting room and eventually I think she was doing it just so I'd put hand sanitizer on her. At one point while we were in the waiting room I said, "Raya, come here so I can fix your backpack." and she started yelling, "NO! NUH-UH!" Some kid and his mom thought it was really funny and kept laughing whenever she would yell at me and it took every ounce of restraint in me to not snap at them. By the time we actually got in the room to see the doctor, Raya was DONE. All Cole or I had to do was look at her and she would yell and then start crying. She spilled water all over the floor and then insisted on washing the floor with wipeys the whole time the doctor was in the room, which was disgusting since the floor was filthy. It was either that or else have her scream though, so I let her do it. What can I say, I was done too. What an aggravating morning!!
For now, I think Raya is done with the allergist. She's been doing fine allergy-wise so unless problems arise down the road when more food enters the picture, I don't foresee her needing to go back. One less specialist in the mix and one less appointment to drag ourselves to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...