INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Sunday, February 12, 2012

FTA Week Wrap-up

I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to read all of my very long-winded blog posts about feeding tubes. I've gotten so many nice comments from people saying that they've learned a lot this past week and that makes me SO happy. I'm so glad that participating in FTA week has allowed me to share some insight into life with a feeding tube. I feel like I need to clarify a couple things though.

First, as difficult as taking care of a feeding tube CAN be, we are at a very good place with Raya now. The difficult time was during her first 15-16 months when so much was happening with her and we were trying to figure out what it was and how to fix it. We are no longer in that difficult "discovery phase" with her, thank goodness. We don't have big scary question marks hanging over our heads anymore like so many of our "tubie friends" do. (just little ones :) We have moved on to more of a maintenance and forward progress phase. That comes with challenges like convincing her to eat and teaching her how, which can also be stressful but anything that doesn't require hospitalization is ok with me. :)

Second, please don't be fooled into thinking that I am somehow superhuman just because of where our lives have taken us the last 2 years. Everyone has their own challenges in life and they come in many forms. This one just happens to be in the form of a little girl who didn't/couldn't/doesn't eat and goes to a lot of therapy appointments. People give me too much credit. I didn't choose this trial but I've done the best I could to accept it and handle it. Well, actually if I'm being honest, I don't always do my best, I haven't always accepted it, and I don't always handle it like I should. I think most people could say the same things about a difficult trial in their own lives. There's also no way I could have "handled it" without the support of a great husband who is also a great dad, and a lot of friends & family members who have stepped in to help where needed. But thank you all for the nice things you say to me. :) This trial really has been a huge blessing in many ways and we are grateful for everything we've learned. And how could we be sad when we've got this around us every day:

"God doesn't give children with disabilities to strong people: He gives them to ordinary, everyday people, then He helps the parents to grow stronger through the journey. Raising a child with special needs doesn't TAKE a special family, it MAKES a special family." ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...