INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Never ask what's next

There are certain questions you just don't ask, like "What's next?" I never ask what's next. It's like saying, "I don't see how this could possibly get worse" which inevitably precedes finding out how it could get worse. I learned a long time ago that praying for patience always leads to opportunities to develop patience, so I don't do that anymore. :) I also never ask what Raya will do next, in part because I don't want to know, and mostly out of fear that she will continue to outdo herself.
She seems to be on a mission to outdo herself this week. Hopefully she won't because I'm already tired. :) We always say that she's lucky she's cute because it's hard to get upset with her when she smiles at me and says, "Hi Mommy!" as I'm plucking her off the kitchen counter. Here she is chewing a piece of gum she found in the cupboard:

Last time I took a shower, I didn't dare leave her running amok in the house while I couldn't do anything about it so I bagged her casted arm and let her join me so she couldn't get into trouble. That resulted in the cast getting wet so today, I decided to chance it and leave her in the living room with Kaida. When I got out of the shower, Raya was emptying the contents of the bathroom linen closet (which ironically contains no linens) and had just finished dumping out a baggie of Q-tips, two of which were sticking out of her ears. She excitedly exclaimed, "See, Mommy! See! Ah-EARS!"

Yesterday she surprised me by taking a nice long nap/rest in her crib for about 2 1/2 hours. It was heavenly. :) Then I heard her screaming my name in a panicky sort of way and when I went to get her, she was rubbing at her nose. It was kind of dark in the room so it looked to me like one nostril had crusted over & was a little bit bloody so I got her out so I could see it better. Upon further examination, I realized that it was not, in fact, crusty or bloody. Nope, she had stuck something up her nose. I don't know where she got it or how she smuggled it into her bed, but she had one of these up her nose:
At least it was something easy to remove. :)

Speaking of removal, I decided that I REALLY didn't want to go back to the clinic that casted her arm when it's time to take it off next week so I called the clinic we like and had the appointment moved to their clinic instead. Whew. 6 more days and we'll be done!

And last but not least, I realized this morning that it was one year ago today that Raya and I flew to Ohio to have motility testing done. That was her last hospitalization and I can't believe we've gone a whole year without her having to be admitted. I'm not naive enough to believe that my child, who is still 90% tube fed, will never have to be admitted again (not cynical, just realistic) but I am SO grateful to have closed the door on that chapter of our lives and moved on to a much less stressful, frustrating, and confusing chapter. (well, not to say that trying to teach a 2 year old to eat isn't frustrating, but I digress) Anyway, SO grateful to be where we are now instead of where we were a year ago, literally and figuratively!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...