INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Being resourceful

We hadn't planned on having Raya do any trick-or-treating last night but I figured it couldn't hurt anything. It's not like she really knows what to do with all the candy anyway, right? :) When we were getting ready to go out, I realized that we still needed a bag for Raya to use. Plastic grocery bags were too big and dragged the ground, so all I could come up with was this:
It was perfect for her. It was just the right size and stayed open all by itself. I figured it was appropriate for a kid who spent so much time using bags like that for their intended purpose. :) She had a great time. It didn't take her long to catch on to the game. When we got home, she just wanted to play with the candy. She would dump it out and then put it all back in the bag. She kept saying "snack!" but never asked to eat any. I'm ok with that though. :)

In other news, we had another "first" yesterday. It was the first time we've put pureed food through Raya's G tube. Her doctor said to start out slow, so this time it was just 2T of peas & carrots plus enough water to make a smooth puree. If she tolerates that well, we'll increase the amount. It's just too bad that there are hardly any calories in peas & carrots. :)
I tried to get her to eat some of them first, but she just wanted to squish the peas and make them pop and said "yuhh!" (yuck) when she put one in her mouth. I've realized that it's much easier for me to be laid back and optimistic about Raya learning to eat when I'm not actually in the middle of trying to get her to eat something. When we're sitting at the table and I actually WANT her to taste something and she won't or when she tastes something that I think she'll be okay with and she spits it out and says it's yucky, then I can't help but let out a sigh and wonder if she will EVER eat. That makes it hard to want to be consistent with the efforts to find something she'll like for more than one or two days. We are really lucky though that Raya IS allowed to eat since we have so many little tubie friends who have conditions that make it so they're not able to eat anything at all. We will keep counting our blessings and trying to find something Raya likes. :)

And in OTHER news, the little pill learned how to climb out of her crib. I was laying in bed this morning and she came running up to me saying, "Hi Mommy! Hi Mommy! Hi Mommy!" and then picked up my phone and said, "Hewwo? Uh-huh. Bye!" and set it down. I asked her if she got out of her bed all by herself and she excitedly said, "Yeah!" The timing on cutting out her night feed couldn't have been better! I had always wondered what we'd do when she learned how to climb out of the crib. The other kids all started sleeping in a big kid bed when they turned 2 (except for maybe Kaida) but I'm not ready to turn Raya loose in a big kid bed yet! :) I'm not excited that she learned how to climb out of the crib already but at least she's not hooked up to her feeding pump all night anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...