INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Friday, July 29, 2011

So far, so good

Aside from a few episodes of crying in her sleep last night, things went fine with the first overnight feed. She's being fed slower than she was with the GJ tube because her stomach isn't used to having formula in it, so if she continues to tolerate it, we'll increase her rate so she's not on the pump for as many hours.
I was surprised at how relieved I am about not having the GJ tube anymore for the sole reason that if the G tube comes out, I can put it back in myself. GJ tubes have to be placed at the hospital. Peace of mind? Yes, please.
Oh, and in other news, I finally got a copy of the letter from the neurologist who diagnosed her with cerebral palsy last October. Nobody had ever told me what type she has or given me a copy of the letter. Anyway, her diagnosis is spastic diplegic cerebral palsy, which means that it affects primarily her lower extremities. For once, I googled something and it actually helped instead of creating unnecessary paranoia. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...