INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Saturday, July 16, 2011

Road Trippin'

Well, we survived the 13 hour day of driving. The kids and I left at 7:00 Thursday morning (yes, just me and the kids, Daddy has to teach his class at the college until next Thursday) and drove ALLLLLLLL day and got to my grandparents' house exactly 13 hours later. That was in spite of having to make an extra diaper changing stop, several stops for road construction, and car trouble that turned out to be a result of one of the things the mechanic we took the car to to get it ready for the trip did to it. Oops.
Anyway, I'm happy to report that I didn't have to use my vomit clean-up kit that I put in the car before we left. There was no vomiting the entire way here from any of the 4 kids so I was thrilled. Raya did great pretty much the whole drive. She got upset about 3/4 of the way when I went to strap her back in the carseat but she got over it pretty quickly. For the last 15 minutes of the drive, she kept repeating, "Dee-OUT!" and was very excited when she got to get out of the car at great-grandma's house. She's been busy getting into everything since then. :)

She's been doing really well playing with all the other kids and getting crashed into and climbing up & down the porch steps. I'm really glad Donny remembered to get the high chair packed in the car for me (it's the kind that straps on to a regular chair). She LOVES to sit in it and did for about 90 minutes last night during the picnic dinner in the yard. She just sat & played with crackers and begged for water, which she dumped all down the front of herself.
She has had a little trouble sensory-wise though. She's not used to being around so many people for such a long time, and compounded with not getting a nap and staying up until 11:30, she had a huge meltdown tonight. Probably one of the worst ones she's had. She cried for an hour or more and nothing I did helped. All the stuff that usually helps her, like chewing on a cold wet washcloth or sitting in her high chair or going outside, just made her mad. I ended up taking her for a little drive and that was exactly what she needed to calm down. After that, she was just fine the rest of the evening. Her GI system has been a little off. I think sitting in the car for the whole day on Thursday did a number on her motility. She's still asking for crackers a lot but there's not much of anything going down her throat since we've been here. She'll take a bite or two of whatever she's got and then spit it out or beg me to wipe it off her tongue.
Anyway, overall she's doing really well and traveled better than I anticipated. Tomorrow we'll head out on the next leg of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...