INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Monday, April 25, 2011

Cramming for a GI appointment

Do any of you other moms feel like you're cramming for a huge exam before you take your kid to a doctor's appointment? That's what I feel like right now. :) Raya has a GI appointment this afternoon and I've spent my morning making lists and compiling information. There's the list of all her medications, the list of things she's asked me about, the list of things I need to ask her about, the things the feeding therapist needs to know, the things the allergist needs to know, the research I've been doing about cyclic vomiting syndrome (which I'm now doubting that she has but who knows), and the list goes on and on. I realized very early on in our relationship with the GI doctor that in order to get the most benefit out of our whirlwind visits, I have to prepare ahead of time so I don't feel like a deer in the headlights when she asks me questions. It's giving me college flashbacks. :) One thing is for sure though. After making these lists of every symptom Raya has and all of the medications we use to control or alleviate them (7, by the way) I am being reminded once again not to take my pretty much normally functioning GI tract for granted. Anyone who has a child with a complex medical issue, or anyone who has one themselves, would agree.
In other news, look how cute my babies are :)
I'll report back about the GI visit later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...