INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Friday, November 12, 2010

How far we've come...

Where we started:
2 month old baby that weighed 8 lbs 8 oz (smaller than a lot of babies are when they're born), was malnourished, had no body fat and was miserable

When I took this picture I thought, aww, what a cute baby! Now when I look at it, it brings tears to my eyes because I just see a tiny, sick little girl whose eyes are asking for help. Dramatic of me, I know. :)

Raya had her 1 year well-check yesterday. It made me wonder if other moms of medically high-maintenance babies feel the same way that I do about well-checks, like that they're kind of silly and a waste of time other than getting immunizations. :) It also reminded me to be grateful for how incredibly efficient Raya's GI doctor's office is because we waited forEVER. It didn't bother me too much though because I had scheduled her PT for 9:00 and the doctor's appointment for 10:00 so I knew I'd have plenty of time to get from one to the next because they'd be running behind. :)

Anyway, here's the stats:

weight: 21 lbs 6 oz (9.695kg) 51st percentile
height: 30 inches, 73rd percentile (pretty sure that's incorrect, she's not that tall)

She's definitely our biggest baby. She outweighs Cole at 1 year by 1 lb 6 oz, Ashtyn by 3 lbs 9 oz, and Kaida by a whopping 4 lbs 10 oz. (She's only about 5 lbs behind Kaida right now & they're 2 years apart. :) Raya would have a great college fund going if I had a dollar for every time someone has looked at her and said, "If I didn't know better, I'd never guess she has any problems!" or "Oh, after reading her medical chart I wasn't expecting to see a healthy-looking baby." :) Looking at her now, you'd never guess that she was labeled with failure to thrive and poor weight gain. Tube feeding is definitely a blessing and a curse and sometimes it feels WAY more curse than blessing, but you can just look at her and see why doctors turn to tube feeding for their patients.


Fast forward to the present:

Big ol' 1 year old who looks pretty darn healthy if you ignore the bottle of stomach contents draining from her G tube and a big lumpy Mic-key button under her shirt! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...