INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Thursday, October 14, 2010

In a nutshell

Had a convo w/the amazing Nurse R (aka GI dr's nurse) today. She's fabulous. She always pesters the doctors, home health company, insurance company, etc. on my behalf and reports back via email and/or voice mail since she has an uncanny talent for calling during the 2.5 minutes a day that my phone is not in my pocket. Here's our chat in a nutshell:
1. Dr. A (surgeon) says he saw no reason on the films why GJ tube couldn't be placed
2. Dr. A told Nurse R to refer us to the interventional radiology (IR) department at the other children's hospital in town
3. Referral was sent to Nationwide Children's in Ohio and I should call them to schedule instead of waiting for them to call me. :)

And yeah, that's pretty much it. I was happy though. Especially after I changed Raya's really smelly bedding for the 50 millionth time this evening so that I could put her in bed. Maybe MAYBE someday soon we will get a GJ in her after all and put a stop (at least temporarily) to the vomiting until we can figure out what's really behind it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...