INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Monday, September 6, 2010

Mommy-1 Granulation Tissue-0

Remember that nasty granulation tissue? Well look at it now:

Almost gone!! I'm SOOOO glad it's going away. Every time the gauze around it gets moved or the tube gets jostled, the granulation tissue bleeds a little bit and I think the bigger it got, the more uncomfortable it made her.
So here's what I think is making it go away. First, we've treated it with silver nitrate 4 times now. That made a huge difference and started getting it to shrink. (Side note, I think those thin brownish marks on her skin around the tube may have been a result of me not doing a good job with the silver nitrate sticks. You're not supposed to let it get on their skin and it looks like I did. Oops, sorry Raya!) Second, I increased the amount of gauze I was packing around it. We started out right after surgery with 1 packet of gauze. As soon as we started feeding her full amounts, that no longer worked so we went to 2 packets. That stopped the leaking, so we stuck with that for a little while. Over the past 3 weeks or so, I've been able to put 1 1/2 packets of gauze in it and that kept it from leaking. I think that even though that was enough to keep it from leaking, it didn't put enough tension on the tube to prevent it from moving a little bit, which is one of the things that causes granulation tissue. Once again, one of our children has survived parenting by trial and error. :)

Here she is during our gauze change this evening:


You can't really tell from the picture but she's yelling at me. She does that a lot. I think she's learning it way too young and she'd better knock it off before she gets old enough to get in trouble & have to stand with her nose on the wall like the other kids. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...