INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE

*ALL information on this website is the intellectual property of the blog/website owner! Unauthorized use is prohibited. If you see something you'd like to repost or share, please email me and ask first. This includes but is not limited to all text, information, and photos on the blog. Thank you!*

**Disclaimer**

**I am not a medical professional and the information on this blog is not to be construed as medical advice of any kind. ALWAYS consult with your child's doctor before making any kind of changes to his/her treatment, feeding schedule, etc.**


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bye-bye Mr. Bard, Hello Mic-key!

Old tube:

Bard button: looks nice & neat but was anything BUT nice & neat. This picture is probably the ONLY one I have of the tube without any gauze on it because formula leaked out as soon as the gauze was removed. Our experience was that the extension tubes were bulky & cumbersome
(and required a lot of tape to stay securely attached),
the backflow valve leaked from day 1, the tube was too big & leaked through the stoma
and unless the extension tube was taped to the G tube, it wouldn't stay plugged in.



New tube:

So far, so good. It's bulkier than the Bard & sticks out about an inch from her stomach when the
extension tube is plugged in so I worry about it getting caught on things. On the positive side though, the extension tubes are tiny compared to the Bard tubes and the tube locks into position so I don't have to use NEARLYas much tape as we used with the Bard. Raya's skin will be grateful for that.

I didn't call the GI doctor today because I was kind of expecting that she'd call me but she didn't, so I'll call her office tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear what she has to say about the radiologist not being able to do the GJ tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will require approval from blog owner prior to being published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...